ICC is working to support global business
The ways in which ICC is working to support global business:
1. MAKING TRADE EASIER AND COST EFFICIENT
ICC has spearheaded a successful global advocacy campaign to secure implementation of the landmark Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) —a trade deal to simplify customs and border procedures that could boost global trade flows by more than US$1 trillion dollars.
2. MAKING THE CASE FOR OPEN MARKETS
ICC’s #TradeMatters campaign provides a direct response to growing populist and protectionist movements in many countries around the world—ensuring a balanced debate on the role of trade integration in today’s economy.
3. SECURING A BUSINESS VOICE AT THE UN
ICC is the voice of world business at the United Nations. ICC was granted Observer Status at the United Nations—providing business with direct access into the UN system.
4. SETTING THE RULES FOR THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
ICC standards such as Incoterms ®rules continue to facilitate trillions of dollars of international transactions each year.
5. ENHANCING ACCESS TO FINANCE
Our market analytics and research continue to drive the global debate on how to enhance the flow of finance to small businesses and entrepreneurs. ICC is also training the next generation of trade finance professionals through the ICC Academy.
6. ENABLING GROWTH IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
ICC works in a range of global forums to champion an open, stable and secure global Internet. ICC is also championing trade reforms to unleash the potential of e-commerce to boost the growth of small businesses.
7. RESOLVING BUSINESS DISPUTES
The ICC International Court of Arbitration enjoyed a record year for new cases in 2016— confirming its status as the world’s premier arbitral institution.
- Get news of developments in policy, rules and regulations for international business
at an early stage, winning time to make the right decisions for your business.
- Gain influence at the international and national level through ICC’s network of
national committees and groups.
- Stay connected to a network of the world’s most influential and dynamic
companies – of all sizes and in all sectors – forging high-level business relationships
at exclusive events.
- Receive special discount on ICC publications, seminars and conference on a wide
range of issues and topics related to business and international trade organized
by ICC and its partners.
- ICC members help write the rules that business uses every day to reduce costs and
uncertainties in areas from commercial contracts to banking and dispute resolutions.